8:30: Whole Class- Spelling
1. Write your spelling words in your spelling books using two colours. Write the prefix or suffix in a different colour.
2. Choose 1 option.
-Dictionary definitions using Quizlet OR
-Dictionary Definitions in your book (from the dictionary) OR
-Create a crossword that uses all of your spelling words and their definitions.
Use the image as a prompt for your writing. You have two choices.
1 )You can write a completely original piece using the picture below as a prompt OR
2) You can read the starter below and continue writing that story.
They had been waiting outside the clocktower all day. Soon, it would be time.
The cloud spat bullets of rain down upon the expectant crowd, before the droplets bounced off the taut canopies of the hundreds of umbrellas that flooded the cobbled square.
Eager eyes became glued to the long, black hands of the clock face. They seemed to be moving in slow motion, as if reluctant to reach the fateful hour; the fateful hour which would determine all their fates...
- Small Groups (Reading Groups)
Read through twice: Create a podcast on Garageband, recording your groups performance.
Text: ALEXANDER AND THE TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY: by Judith Viorst, (Adapted by Christine Novosel)
10mins Revision +/- Integers (Use a number line if needed)
Groups: Problem Solving
1pm Novel Study Groups
1. Meet with your group. Discuss your summaries and reactions. Create a group summary with 7-10 main ideas.
2. Hand in individual summaries/ reactions (everyone needs to hand them in- no excuses. Even if the page is empty.)
3. Set reading page targets for this week.
4. 1:40: Silent reading for 20 mins
2pm Health- BTN Gaming Addiction
Watch the video. Copy and paste the questions below into a pages doc or Keynote. Answer each of the questions (These do not need to be full sentence answers) You may work with a partner)
2:40 Pack & Stack